Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Big RA


The next project for our group was the Ra Pillow. It seemed simpler than the HOC. It was an even greater challenge that introduced me to a wide variety of sewing techniques and new materials. There were lots of subtle decorative stitching techniques that are not obvious but do influence the total feel of the piece. The pillow is also very large.
All in all it pushed me into acquiring a new Babylock Ellageo. It was much easier to handle the unusual materials & metallic thread that are so critical to a Christopher Nejman design.  
I also decided to take up the next step up in the challenge of not only creating my own "fabric" with the Embellisher but to create my own fringe with a Lacis Fringe Maker. 
The results speak for themselves I think.

No comments: